Hill & Valley Landscaping have been improving home values since 1999 in the Milwaukee Metro area. When it comes to outdoor living areas, firepits, patios or walkways, mowing, planting and mulch, we have you covered! We know our work is the first thing someone notices when they arrive at your home or business. Our work makes you look good! As landscapers, we’ve seen firsthand how a well maintained landscape can help a homes’ value. We’ve compiled a list of 5 ways we can help you improve and maintain your home value.
5 Ways Landscaping Improves Your Home Value
- First Impressions Matter! If you’re in the market for a home and you pull up to a well maintained and nicely landscaped home, you know that if that attention was given to the outside of the home, that most likely the current owners have also maintained the dwelling and interior of the home.
- Studies have shown that landscaping can actually increase your home’s resale value by as much as 14% and can help your home sell 6 weeks faster than the same home with little to no maintenance to landscape.
- A landscaped patio area can raise value by as much as 12%. At Hill & Valley Landscaping, we love designing outdoor living areas. A badly installed concrete pad or patio pavers are expenses that will turn away potential buyers.
- Pay attention to what types of plants you use in your landscape. Using plants that are native in your region can increase home value, while using plants that could possibly disrupt foundations and cause ground shrinkage near your foundation can affect home buyers’ decisions. The wrong plantings at or near your home can cause huge repair costs to foundations as plants mature. Working with a trained and professional landscaper can ensure you are getting the best type of plants for your home and region.
Also, native plants help our bees, butterflies and wildlife thrive!
- The National Association of Realtors estimates that it costs, on average, $3000 to landscape ~ 3000 square feet of lawn (mowing, mulching, pruning and planting ~ 60 annuals or perennial plants). They estimate that just this bare minimum of landscaping has a 100% ROI or return on investment! 100% ROI !! Just to compare – a major kitchen remodel on average has a 65% ROI.
While landscaping does take time and a budget, knowing that you will see 100% of your investment returned upon resale, should be a major nudge to put on some gloves and get to work or to give our team of professionals a call! Big or small, weekly or annually to mulch and prune, we have all the tools and training to make your home or business stand out. GIve us a call and let us show you how beautiful your home can be on a first impression! 414-423-8873